Ready to be a Director? Find out more: Member Director, or Employer Director. Nominations close Tuesday 2 July 2024.

Learn more

If you're not satisfied with our product or the service you've received and would like to make a complaint, you can contact us using any of the options listed below.

We always try to resolve complaints quickly, to the satisfaction of all concerned, and in the best interests of all our members. Here’s how you can make a complaint:

  • Call: 1300 655 002
  • Write to:
    Complaints Officer
    Equipsuper Superannuation Fund
    GPO Box 4303
    Melbourne VIC 3001
Financial Planning service

Information on how to make a complaint about our Financial Planning service.

Find out more

We take your complaints seriously

We will write to you or call you to let you know we have received your complaint, usually within one business day of receipt. 

Our aim is to resolve all complaints as soon as possible, and if we are not able to resolve your complaint within 5 business days, we will assign a case manager to oversee the resolution of your complaint. 

For most complaints a final response will be sent to you within 45 days after your complaint is received.  If your complaint relates to our decision about the payment of a death benefit, we aim to resolve your complaint within 90 days.  If we are unable to resolve your complaint within the above timeframes, we will let you know.

If you need assistance in making a complaint, we will accept complaints made on your behalf by a family member, legal representative or any other person who is authorised to act on your behalf.  We also have consultants who speak different languages and, if a consultant is not available, we will accept the cost of calls made using the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National).

Help for people with hearing or speech difficulties

You can contact us through the National Relay Service (NRS). For more information, visit the NRS website to choose your preferred access point or call the NRS Helpdesk on 1800 555 660.

Escalating your complaint

If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint or our handling of your complaint, you can refer your complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). AFCA provides fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free to consumers. AFCA imposes strict time limits for lodging complaints. For more information about AFCA and their complaint process, visit

Here’s how you can submit a complaint with AFCA:

  • Call: 1800 931 678 (free call)
  • Write to:
    Australian Financial Complaints Authority
    GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001

Complaints related to privacy

If your complaint is about the privacy of your personal information relating to your superannuation product or service, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).

Here’s how you can submit a complaint with the OAIC:

  • Call: 1300 363 992
  • Write to:
    Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
    GPO Box 5218
    Sydney NSW 2001

Join our award-winning fund

Plan for your future with the industry fund that works hard for you.

Join us