Some financial planning thought starters
The financial planning process is all about you – your situation, your needs, your objectives.
More broadly, it’s an opportunity to think about how you want to live your life, both now and in the future, and how your finances might be able to support that.
So, in order to get the most from your discussion, try to give some thought to the following before your appointment:
- your current saving capacity
- your assets and liabilities
- your income (across all sources that may apply, including government benefits)
- your super situation – for example whether you have different accounts with different funds, and what your overall balance is
- any expectations you may have, if any, around the type of lifestyle you’d like to enjoy in your retirement.
And don’t worry – if you do need to do any specific preparation prior to your initial consultation with us, your financial planner will let you know.